Beaches, Blankets and Books!
Featured image: FreeImages/createsima
I’m so excited about summer, which is just around the corner. My thoughts turn to the beach, blankets and books! I have always loved going to the beach, spreading out a nice blanket or towel and settling in with a good summer read. So relaxing!
This is a great time for the whole family to read together. Books bring the world to our fingertips.
Summer Reading Suggestions
Here are some suggestions for summer reading for your kids:
- Goodreads’ Best Children’s Books About Summer lists books that will delight young readers. The books are rated so that you can go to the reviews and find out what others have to say about them.
- Another great source is Summer Reading from ChristianBook. You’ll find books for kids, tweens and teens. Browse and shop by genres such as mysteries, contemporary, animal stories and more.
Some favorite teen novels include:
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R. R. Tolkien
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Check out your local library or book store for more.
Spend the Summer with Good Books!
So many books and what seems like so little time, so get going! Summer is a time for fun, adventure and continued learning. Go swimming, build sand castles and read your favorite
books. Don’t forget to check out some new ones as well for some fresh summertime adventure.
Pack up for the beach. Remember those blankets and books. Enjoy time with your family, and make memories to last a lifetime.
From all of us here at The Reading Lady, we wish you a fun, relaxing, and bookish summer!